Pasco Fire/Rescue: Never leave dryer running unattended

Pasco F/R Via Facebook: Pasco Fire Rescue would like to remind everyone to never leave your major appliances unattended.

Nationwide there are 2900 dryer fires a year reported that result in $35 Million in property loss. Failure to clean your dryer vent is the leading cause of dryer fires.

Earlier this week PCFR responded to a structure fire where Firefighters found a home completely charged with smoke. When Firefighters forced entry into the home they found that the dryer was on fire and no one was home. Thankfully a neighbor saw smoke coming from the home and called 911. That 911 call from a neighbor and efforts of Firefighters saved the home.

Remember to keep those vents clean and never leave your dryer on when you leave your home!

Wesley Chapel

Community Website

WESLEY CHAPEL, FL 

Serving the Wesley Chapel Community since 2009!

  • Instagram

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER

© 2020 WESLEY CHAPEL COMMUNITY WEBSITE

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  |  TERMS OF SERVICE & PRIVACY  |  CONTACT THE EDITOR